No announcement yet.

Age of Conan - Tradeskill fixes in the works

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Age of Conan - Tradeskill fixes in the works

Greetings, fellow craftsmen and -women!

I know many of you are concerned about what is happening to the Tradeskills/RnB (resource and building) - I am writing this to inform you more about what we are doing and what is happening to tradeskills soon. I am also writing this in order to explain what has happened to the alchemy crash since todays patch.

Let me start with the bad stuff first.

First off - if you are an Alchemist, opening the tradeskill book by any means will crash your client since last patch. This will be fixed with thursdays patch.

This happened when we were re-arranging some of the potions for tradeskills - If you are an alchemist I'm sure you remember some of the potions would not do anything when created. These potions have been removed from the inventory and will make it back into the game at a later stage. Removing these had an unexpected effect and was unfortunately overlooked by us when patching out the latest patch. We are sorry about this.

Let me assure you - if you are getting the crash, you are not bugged. The recipe book is simply trying to find objects that are no longer available and we have programmers looking into a safeguard for the future so that this type of thing does not happen again.

That's quite enough of the bad stuff. Now I'll detail what we plan on doing with Tradeskills and Resource and Building. Unfortunately, I am unable to give you a timeframe for the fixes and changes below, but we hope to get them done very soon. "Very soon" in this case means expect a few of the changes below to come in as early as thursday. Most of these changes we aim to have ready within a few weeks.

Tradeskills
    • We will soon have a system where you can unlearn tradeskills.

Alchemy
    • We have added an item called "Alchemists Cache" to Mage/priest mobs. This item, when right-clicked, spawns a few random tradeskill resources for alchemists. These resources will include the 'missing' resources (for example Hyena meat and Icy Crocodile tears) so that alchemists are able to progress further than Tier1.
    • As soon as possible we will patch out a new Resource and Building population consisting of spiders, hyenas, etc, that will drop the resource "proper". These mobs will be put into Lacheish Plains, Poitain and Purple Lotus Swamp. These mobs will have a typical droprate of between 10-50% droprate of these items.
    • At a later stage (still to be determined), we are patching in vendor-bought recipes - these vendor-bought recipes will increase your magic damage. We are also looking into creating various other potions, but thats more hush-hush.

Architect
    • Architects are undergoing a design-revamp - what exactly is included in this revamp I won't say, but it will allow architects to use their abilities for combat purposes as well as for building the cities.

Weaponsmithing
    • Weaponsmiths will get a number of blue recipes in the future. These recipes can be obtained through vendors, world-drops and/or boss-kills. These recipes will be spread throughout the tiers of weaponsmithing and will cover all different weapons (but not ammo).

Armorsmithing
    • As with Weaponsmiths, Armorsmiths will get a number of blue recipes that can be obtained through vendors, world-drops and/or boss-kills. These recipes will provide a more diverse look than what the game currently offers and at level 80, it will be possible to craft an entire set of armor (provided of course that you find the recipes for them).

Resource and Building Regions
    • Traders and Trainers will spawn in the guild-cities. These traders and trainers will spawn depending on what building is built (for instance, a Trader will spawn at the Tradepost).
    • City-life will start appearing in cities. The more buildings you build, the more NPC's will immigrate to your city.
    • We are removing the randomly spawning mobs from the playfields. Instead, we are creating encampments that will dynamically spawn content on the attackers level.
    • Quests - we are adding quests to the Resource and Building regions (Lacheish Plains, Poitain, Purple Lotus Swamp). These quests will not be repeatable.

Various other fixes are also being looked at, amongst others the socketing-bugs and the droprate of leather.

• Brock Sherwood
      Brock Sherwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Re: Tradeskill fixes in the works

usually these dev announcements have come content that will be in the next coming patches - expect these additions and changes in the next 2 weeks
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• *MaFiA* and Facebook
    by Guest

*MaFiA* is on facebook.
    Click Here to visit the group page. It is a private group but you can request to join. Let us know so we can add you....
    06-17-2012, 11:51 PM
  • *MaFiA* Recruiting
    by Guest
    SITE: http://dfmafia.net PvE mostly since im the only one that PvPs. Very mature group of players from around the world that meet once every year irl. This is how close we have become. This year in June we are meeting in Yellowstone. Couples, families, friends all welcome to join one of the longest running guilds. Dedicated Ventrilo servers. Yep, you read it right. Servers. Always have a backup if one drops, though rare. What you get: Forums, very mature group of gamers, member photo albums, fu...
    06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
  • *MaFiA* TF2 Server
    by Guest

*Mafia* has purchased a 20 man public TF2 server with stock maps and a mappack put together by fileplanet.
    Come visit our server and Support *MaFiA* in returning to FPS!
    Thanks to all that help, See you all in the server!!

Server name: *MaFiA*
    Server IP: 69.12.53.73 port 27015

Download the mappack1 here----> fileplanet

06-17-2012, 11:41 PM
  • Age of Conan Buddy Key Program
    by Guest
    Greetings, We will not open the Buddy keys until we have sufficient server capacity. Most likely we will open this in stages, starting with the 555,000 buddy keys found in the Collector's Edition. There will be no separation between US and Euro keys, so they will open at the same time. We are currently evaluating our server capacity, and guests will be able to start playing in the not too distant future. As soon as we are ready we will notify everyone directly via email (the one you have registe...
    06-17-2012, 11:40 PM
  • Age of Conan Comment on Exploits
    by Guest
    Greetings all Hyborian adventures, Launching a game like Age of Conan is always a very interesting experience. Seeing how the players endorsing the game and giving it life in a new way is thrilling and exciting. Unfortunately, there is one thing which is always a big challenge when shipping an MMO, and that's what we want to address today. You know it as exploits, we know it as ?destroying the game balance?. Today I therefore wanted to update the community on what Funcom is doing in regards to ...
    06-17-2012, 11:39 PM
  • Age of Conan Hotfix - 18 July, 2008
    by Guest

We are bringing down the live servers for a small update to address a couple of important issues that have cropped up in today's update. We felt these were important to address before the weekend so that it didn't effect people's weekend play. The following issues have been resolved:
    • Players would appear invisible on occasion
    • Certain actions would still fire their effect but not trigger the correct cool-down if interrupted?
    The update is scheduled for 5am GMT / 1am EDT for a...
    06-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Working...
X