I just finished a day of troubleshooting and editing on the new site. Database always gives me trouble but I made some headway today. Had the *MaFiA* database merging with the RockCrawl database before I hit another wall when I uploaded the files. I'll get on it again in the morning.

Also I've been on the site a lot correcting login and posting issues for our members. All issues that have popped up over the past week have been corrected. Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention!!

The RockCrawl server is the better of the 3 since it is my dedicated server. JeepGoon is on a VPS but has over 3,300 other sites being hosted on it. The chat slows it down dramatically.

The *MaFiA* server has over 2,300 sites on it though it does alright most of the time. I have noticed pages not loading due to excessive server load. A simple refresh will correct it. This is still unacceptable for our future requirements.

I should have a working site running online by the end of the weekend if everything goes well tomorrow. My biggest hang-up right now is the import of the databases. It's popping up with a 500 error page. I suspect it's a minor server detail I may have overlooked.

All Team *MaFiA* members are welcome to browse the JeepGoon site to get a feel of what is to come. It is my BETA test site, so a lot of changes are to be expected. Most functions work great but there are a few style conflicts.

There are a lot of new functions and options I'm adding that will add to the membership experience. Facebook connect: login via Facebook, Promote to Article: members can bump a forum post to the news section, Facebook Like buttons: members can forward a post they like to their Facebook page, Garage for vehicles, clubs that list who is in an area club and their location and info, vendor tools where site supporters can sell products at discounts to site members. . . and much much more.

A lot of the Jeep and Off-Road add-ons will be modified for the gaming and computer mod community and vice versa. Show off your 4 wheel rig and your gaming rig, create a group of local gamer community or local Jeep club, schedule events for lan parties or off-road vehicle trail rides. There are a lot of great things coming that will mesh with both communities.

I mentioned premium membership in the forums and news article this past week. This is already in effect on the *MaFiA* site but has had little impact. I am reengaging this and expanding the idea. Raffles, give-a-ways, and such will be available for our premium members.

Look for weekly polls to gather public opinion. I want member input. This is a social community built and maintained by the community. It will only work with your support and input. I enjoy reading all positive and negative feedback. Help me create a fantastic site to showcase your online gaming and off-road hobby.

- Brock