MazzleUI for AoC - It's Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MazzleUI for AoC - It's Coming!

OK, so I decided to give the Conan UI thing a go and see if I could create some semblance of my old UI in WoW. Needless to say, it was excruciatingly painful. (Funcom would it kill you to throw an intern at writing a bit of documentation for a day? Or pehaps at least a reload command? )

I'm letting my guildmates test it out a bit and see if I forgot to place anything at the moment, but here's what it has and a few screenshots.

• Everything in the UI is in the bottom 160 pixels of the screen. Nothing static remains on the top at all. The goal was to be symmetrical and minimal while still keeping everything visible.
    • Original artwork. Since you cannot truly alter the viewport, much of it is transparent.
    • 57 bindable buttons in three compact rows. That's every bindable button you can have except one.
    • Space-saving design:
      • Four "hotspots". These are hidden buttons at the corner of UI elements that let you access interface panels. They currently allow you to access the friend/guilds window, the people search window, the guild management window and the instance selection menu. The idea behind this is that you can still access these functions by clicking, but you don't have to clutter the visuals with more buttons or a dedicated dock area for it.
      • Five micro-buttons to access inventory, feats, the character/skill window, the spell/combo window and the quest journal. These are very small and positioned vertically near the friends hotspot. (These were originally intended as hotspots also, but I got sick of trying to put them in the right spots.)
      • Buffs grow out from the unit frames so they don't take use any additional vertical space. Space for Target of Target and casting bars allocated in the bottom portion.
    • The type of enemy you're facing is clearly labeled in english: normal, elite, boss, mini-boss, minion, group boss, raid boss, etc.
    • Lots of other stuff made more transparent.

This UI is definitely not for everyone. Folks who don't like to see buttons or folks who don't like to have buttons smaller than the defaultUI will probably not like this.

Once it's tested a bit, I'll post it somewhere.

More Screenshots:
    UI Explained
    In Combat
    With pets
Working...
X