X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from Tunso-SWG Dev.

Quote from SWG-Tunso

SWG-Tunso wrote:

Hey all, back from vacation and just took a look through the thread. Here's some clarifications on some of the things I worked on.

First off for any of the craftable items that can now be created with a socket, pre-existing items that have already been made won't suddenly get a socket after the fixes go in. There's a skill roll involved to determine whether an item is created with a socket or not and we have no way of knowing what your roll would have been when the item was made. So this will only apply to newly created items.

Yes, BH specials can be used with melee weapons (unless they specifically require a carbine or rifle for example). The note must not have been included, apologies.

The junk loot drops as they pertain to reverse engineering are being improved, not nerfed. The junk that (unintentionally were) super-ultra-mega rare will drop just as often as anything else. So once everyone learns who is dropping what junk, it will be much less painful to go and out collect the specific junk you need to create the modifiers you want. Junk loot tables are level based so if you're in the process of leveling a character you shouldn't be losing any more inventory space to looting junk items then you are right now because you'll generally be fighting stuff in the same level range. You just won't always be the looting the same 1/2 dozen items most of the time like you do now, they'll actually be different generally based on the level you're fighting.

Iterative or re-reverse engineering is also being made easier on the low end, not harder and the difficulty on the high end is remaining about the same or dropping very slightly. This is because changes to creature difficulty have increased the rarity of stat mod items so the quality of what you have to work with has dropped. A typical well-equipped ground reverse engineering trader running with say 350 luck and 140 Reverse Engineering skill, will get be able to raise the power of a Power Bit by +1 100% of the time all the way to about +23. Obviously stacking obscene quantities of luck will allow you to push that 100% chance envelope a few points higher. Beyond that the chance decreases quite sharply to about what it is now. So on average it'll take about the same number of tries or slightly less to get it up to +35 (or 30 or 32).

With regards to changes made to what the master foods buff, I understand your point. I'll either change the primary stat portions of the food to buff the primary stat they originally did (like Luck for the pudding) or I'll just change the foods back how they were.

Working...
X