TIG Welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Welding

First time TIG welding on metals other then stainless, the result can be seen on the photos below. Was quite pleased as it is very differnt from welding stainless, slightly harder it seems

Might be a bit hard to se but the weld basicly looks like this "(" between the two surfaces.

It's defenetly not great but it's decent, I actually got a " pretty good result" from our welder at work, who is a god when it comes to welding

I must say, after using mostly a normal gas welder I'm inlove with the TIG it's awsome! :clap:

Anyone else liking the TIG?

Reason I started to take up welding again after 8 years absence, is because I'm making a stand for my RC car to make it easy to start and tune

PS the weld has not been "cleaned" after the welding so it looks a bit trashy with rust

Forgot to show what tig welding is for those not familiur with it or perhaps just don't know what the weld method is called. So here's a youtube video.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEEpikDY058"]YouTube- TIG Welding Technique - Kevin Caron[/nomedia]

I was using a KEMPPI MasterTig MLS 2300 ACDC which has the "power on" at the handle rather then a foot paddle, would like to test a foot paddle version

Noticed i melted away too much on the bottom work piece

Shit forgot that i cant post files here that are bigger then 97k
Working...
X