Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIRAGE UI FOR AGE OF CONAN - ( I use it )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIRAGE UI FOR AGE OF CONAN - ( I use it )

Version 1.7 is out for Age of Conan's July 17 patch, this version has mostly tweaks, updates and bug fixes to incorporate all the user interface changes that Funcom recently added to the game. I am still working on a custom layout for the logitech gaming keyboard, a medium size template and some other goodies but that is all to come in the next version. Compatibility with Wayfarer's auto updater is included as of version 1.6 (but it remains to be tested). Enjoy!

=================================================
    MIRAGE UI FOR AGE OF CONAN
    Version 1.7, July 17, 2008
    Created and maintained by Eduardo "LedMirage" Lucero

Thank you for downloading the Mirage UI for Age of Conan, this modification adds two static shortcut bars with 17 buttons each fixed above the main shortcut bar, a brand new larger group and pet window, enhances the display of buffs and debuffs and makes your friends and guild list easier to read. All of this without removing any functionality to the existing default user interface. Based on popular demand there are now five variations total: 4-Bars, 3-Bars, 2-Bars, 3-Bars-Small and 2-Bars-Small, the default variation is 3-Bars.

-------------------------------------------------
    The Extra Bars
    The two Mirage UI shortcut bars use the button slots and bindings originally used by the two default UI extra floating shortcutbars that the game supports. What this means is that you can bind every one of the new 34 buttons by going to OPTIONS > CONTROLS and assigning hotkey shortcuts to the following:

Mirage UI Shortcut Bar #1
    (17 Buttons, the first row located above the default game shortcutbar)

The first 7 buttons correspond to "1st Extended Action Button" numbers 11 through 17
    The last 10 buttons correspond to "1st Extended Action Button" numbers 1 through 10 and they line up perfectly with the default shortcut bar

Mirage UI Shortcut Bar #2
    (17 Buttons, the second row located above the default game shortcutbar, only seen in 3 or 4-Bars variations)

The first 7 buttons correspond to "2nd Extended Action Button" numbers 11 through 17
    The last 10 buttons correspond to "2nd Extended Action Button" numbers 1 through 10 and they line up perfectly with the default shortcut bar

Mirage UI Shortcut Bar Zero (Recommended for advanced users and players level 40 and higher)
    (17 Buttons, the first row located below the default game shortcutbar, only seen in 4-Bars variation)

The first 3 buttons correspond to "1st Extended Action Button" numbers 18 through 20
    The next 3 buttons correspond to "2nd Extended Action Button" numbers 18 through 20
    The next button does not have a keybinding
    The next 3 buttons (directly below 1,2,3) do not have a keybinding, but when you reach level 40 and obtain the extra attacks or spell weaving the buttons 11, 12 and 13 (Q, V and E by default) appear.
    The next 7 buttons do no have a keybinding

The default UI extra floating shortcut bars use different button slots and can not have hotkey bindings anymore, however you can still use them, this gives you a total of 34 Mirage UI buttons and the 16 floating shortcut bar buttons for a total of 50 additional button slots! Please note that there is a minor display bug that shows keybindings over the floating shortcut bars, these keybindings are for the new Mirage UI buttons and do not affect functionality over the floating shortcut bar buttons.

The New Group and Pet Window
    The group and pet window were completely redesigned using all new custom graphics and increasing the size of the party and pet health bars, it also allows for the icon display of negative effects on all party members. (Note: There is a bug in the game which tags most player stances as "hostile" debuffs)

The Modified Player and Target Unit Frames
    Both the player and target unit frames now display icons for both positive and negative effects, also the 'Target of Target' frame has been moved above the target frame. In addition the Health, Stamina and Mana bar graphics have been replaced with all new custom graphics. Fonts have been tweaked all around to make them more readable.

The Improved Guild and Friends Window
    The friend and guild member list now has a darker background, the color for guild members is now a much more visible green that matches the new guild chat color and the friend color is now bright teal. In addition a darker background for every other alternating rows has been added and the columns for Rank, Class and Region have been made wider. On the guild panel the "LEAVE" button has been removed to prevent accidental departure from your guild, the text command "/guild leave" still works as intended if you really need to leave your guild.

Other Miscellaenous Tweaks
    The Combat Rose and interactive icons have been repositioned vertically as to not overlap the new shortcut bars. Also the Mini Pet Control Bar and the Sould Fragment tracker have been both repositioned to the center of the screen and right above the Mirage UI shortcut bars.

LATEST CHANGES
    Version 1.7, 7/17/2008
    • Updated all UI files to current official version (7/17/2008)
    • Numerous tweaks, updates and fixes to implement the recent official changes to the user interface into the Mirage UI.

Version 1.62, 7/03/2008
    • Corrected another error specific to the default 3-Bar-Normal sized player and target frames that prevented the new health, stamina and mana bar graphics from displaying.

Version 1.61, 7/03/2008
    • Corrected an error on the player and target frames that prevented the new health, stamina and mana bar graphics from displaying.

Version 1.6, 7/02/2008
    • Updated all UI files to version 50752 (7/02/2008)
    • Group and Pet panels redesigned with new and smaller more compact versions of the health bars (they are still larger than the default game health bars)
    • Necromancer pet panel control point display raised from a cap of 8 to 11 to include the 3 points obtainable through feats. (thanks to Brian from ledmirage.net)
    • Text color changes: All public global chat is now a light brown color, all tells and whispers are pink, all system messages and XP gain are yellow, on-screen messages remain a darker blue, all general grey colors brightened up a bit to make them easier to read.
    • Font and color changes to the quest journal, description, names and objectives to make them easier to read.
    • Numerous small tweaks all around.
    • Fixed all reported problems with some variations not centered when the XP Bar is hidden.
    • Moved all custom Mirage UI TGA files into the ..\Default\gfx\MirageUI\ folder to make life easier for those of you tweaking them.

Version 1.5, 6/12/2008
    • Revamped layout for all small variations so that there are no visible gaps between the bars (same as what was done with the normal bars in v1.4)
    • Added a new Small size 4 Bars variation
    • Added scripts for /commands, type /mui, /mirage or /mirageui to get a help menu on chat
    • The experience bar graphics colors have been changed to purple for normal experience and light blue for "fresh kills" experience status
    • Added new custom chat colors (they work now yay!)
    • New graphics for the main shortcut bar page up and down arrows
    • Fix for the bars shifting to the side when the experience bar is hidden
    • Added a small variation of the two floating shortcut bars for all the small variation sets
    • Other minor tweaks all around

USER AGREEMENT:
    (Last revised 5/20/2008)
    1. You agree to this agreement by downloading and using any and all files and intellectual property contained in this compilation.
    2. You agree to NOT discredit any Author of their original work found in this compilation, be it code, graphics or intellectual property.
    3. You agree to NOT hold any author responsible for any damage, data loss or any problems caused directly or indirectly by this compilation.
    4. You agree to NOT use any material found in this compilation for monetary gain, as it is against Funcom's EULA agreement and it is NOT your right to make money off of other Author's work.
    5. You may redistribute any and all files contained in this compilation ONLY if they remain unmodified, this user agreement is included and remains unmodified and proper credit to any and all Authors is given.
    6. You may modify and redistribute any and all files contained in this compilation ONLY with the expressed written consent of any and all respective Authors.
    7. If you do not agree then delete any and all files included in this compilation as well as previous and future versions of it, by doing this you implicitly agree to NOT use any and all material found in this compilation for any purpose.
    8. Original Authors of Modifications included in the compilation have the final say in how any and all of their work is to be used, redistributed and modified, and in so doing taking precedence over any and all of the previously defined agreements.

DONATIONS
    This Modification for Age of Conan is free but if you are one of the few cool people out there willing to tip me with your hard earned cash for my time and effort spent on this project then you can send any and all donations to my personal Paypal account at: LedMirage[AT]woh.rr.com

Getting a donation for my work not only helps me save up for my next PC upgrade but it is one of the biggest compliments I can get when one of you decides my work is worth giving me a tip, thanks in advance!

INSTALLATION

Mirage UI Installation:

1. Exit the game.

2. Find the folder named "Customized" found under ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\Customized\ once there delete only the contents found inside of the Customized folder. Do NOT delete any other folders otherwise you may have to deal with a 911MB download! This is done in order to prevent potential conflicts with other user modified content and compiled xml files (*.bxml)

3. Extract all the files from the Mirage UI Zip file to your root folder for the game, for example "C:\Program Files\Funcom\Age of Conan\", make sure to use the folder names options with winzip to create the necessary folder paths when you extract the files. Again, extract all the files in the zip file to your main Age of Conan game folder and do not worry about getting prompted to overwrite files in the DEFAULT directory these are custom Mirage UI graphic files and they do not overwrite any base game files (hence they're named mui_*.tga)

To install the other variations of the mod (Small, Small-2Bars, Normal-2Bars, Normal-4Bars) skip to step #6

4. Launch the game

5. Enjoy!

Mirage UI variations Installation:
    6. Find the folder named "Customized" found in ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\Customized\ and delete this folder. Use caution here and only delete the folder named "Customized" nothing else!.

7. Find the appropriate folder named accordingly to the variation of the Mirage UI you want to use :
    **NOTE: The default variation is Normal-3-Bars and does not require any folders to be renamed to be used.**
    • "MUI_SMALL_3BARS_Rename_this_to_Customized" found in ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\ this is the small 2/3 scale variation with 3 shortcut bars total.
    • "MUI_SMALL_2BARS_Rename_this_to_Customized" found in ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\ this is the small 2/3 scale variation with 2 shortcut bars total.
    • "MUI_SMALL_4BARS_Rename_this_to_Customized" found in ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\ this is the small 2/3 scale variation with 4 shortcut bars total.
    • "MUI_NORMAL_2BARS_Rename_this_to_Customized" found in ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\ this is the normal scale variation with 3 shortcut bars total.
    • "MUI_NORMAL_4BARS_Rename_this_to_Customized" found in ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\ this is the normal scale variation with 4 shortcut bars total.

8. Rename the folder for the variation you want to use to "Customized" so you will end up with the following folder path: ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\Customized\

9. Launch the game and enjoy!

HOW TO UN-INSTALL THE MIRAGE UI MOD

1. Exit the game.

2. Find the folder named "Customized" found under ..\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\Customized\ once there delete only the contents found inside of the Customized folder. Do NOT delete any other folders otherwise you may have to deal with a 911MB download!

Known Issues and workarounds
    If you have any problems not listed below it is highly recommended that do a clean installation of the Mirage UI as indicated in the Installation section, if this does not resolve your issue or if you have more specific questions on how to further customize the Mirage UI package please let us know in the forums at http://ledmirage.net/
    • If you don't see health, stamina and mana bars and are missing the all of the images for the buttosn (invisible button backgrounds) then most likely you didn't extract all the graphics from the zip file into the correct location - All TGA files go in the ..\cd_image\Gui\Default\gfx\MirageUI\ folder path. Don't worry about them overwriting any base game files as they go in their own custom "MirageUI" folder.
    • There are no extra buttons (Q, V & E) on all the variations except the 4-Bar version, this is by design since you can map hotkeys for any of the 34 additional buttons - including Q V and E, and when you hit level 40 the two extra attacks are on your abilities panel where you can drag them to any button you wish (with the keybindings of your choice).
    • The player and target frames display both positive and negative effects, this is by design to circumvent a current game bug that tags many of the player stances as negative effects (debuffs). As of yet I have not been able to create a new separate buff frame to split negative and positive but I am still looking for a better solution. If you *REALLY* need to filter out positive or negative effects there are plenty of posts explaining how to do it on my forums at http://ledmirage.net
    • Duplicate shortcut overlays (keybindings text) for ability icons on the floating shortcut bars and the new mirage ui bars are a known glitch that does not cause any problems. You can use all the buttons on the additional floating bars with the only limitation being that there are no keybindings for them (as they are used to bind the new custom Mirage UI shortcut bars)
    • The "LEAVE" button from the guild panel was removed by design, if you need to leave your guild use the text command "/guild leave".
    • As of the July 17th patch Funcom made the text display of hotkey shortcuts use a longer format (instead of "C" not it's "CTRL" and instead of "S" it's "SHIFT") which prevents the user from seeing the complete keybinding text on the buttons, this is an issue that only funcom can resolve as we do not have access to modifty that part of the user interface.

You can download the Mirage UI for Age of Conan version 1.7 by clicking here!

Enjoy :-)

Re: MIRAGE UI FOR AGE OF CONAN - ( I use it )

these guys have been very good about keeping it up to date with the patches as needed

clean look and options for the size and number of hotbars you want to display

currently i use 2 small hotbar but im going to have to move to the small 3 bar one cause i have filled up all my spots...lol

easy to install and update as needed

Comment

updated for my edits - the pink text was just too much for me - i even uploaded my changes so you would not have to suffer

Comment

you can go through and edit the XML files and change the version number to 50752 to fix it. Not sure if it is losing any functionality, as I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it yet.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=62486

Nick308 explains how to do it in part VII of that thread (think it's the 3rd post)

VII. Changing Version Numbers

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AoC Wiki Mods
        One problem with modding this way is that if the version number in the modded file doesn't match the clients current version the game will refuse to use the mod and show a dialog in game. This is to prevent new functionnality from not being applied because people using old mods. This has the affect of forcing people to update their mods any time the client is updated. It is possible to manually update the version number of files, but it isn't recommended, especially for novice users.

Knowing this if you want to update your files, you must replace the revision number inside the XML files. The XML files are always in cd_image\Gui\Customized\ .

Look for the the line:

where, XXXXX is the revision number. It is usually the second line of the file.

The latest version number is 49054.

To find out what the correct revision number is, you have to check the exact same file inside cd_image\Gui\Default\. These are the default Age of Conan GUI layout files.

Example:

Lets say you want to change the revision number of your customized BottomBar.xml because at loading time the game tells you that it's out of date.

In this case, you go to cd_image\Gui\Default\Views\HUD, open BottomBar.xml, and look at the second line. The revision number is the number you can find between $Change: and the next $ sign.

Now you go to cd_image\Gui\Customized\Views\HUD\, open BottomBar.xml, find the second line again, and replace the number with the new revision number. Save the file and you are good to go!

Another option is to download a tool to patch all the XML files. The program is called AoC Custom UI Patcher and it will patch all the XML files to the current version.

Comment

i made the edits and tested them - they work and i have uploaded the minor file changes to my website for others to download and use

Mirage UI File Version Edits

from the READ ME:

Name = AoC Version Fix
          Author = G.I.JOE?MFA?/Liquor - gijoe@dfmafia.net
          Date Created = 2008-07-02
          Version = v1.0
          Site = http://dfmafia.net

Changes: MirageUI Mod file version number is changed to correct patch version. No other edits are made. These edits are for the SMALL 3-Bar version ONLY. If you use a different size and bar number just do the manual edits below.

Instalation: Unpack .zip and extract Views folder and contents to your Age of Conan Customized directory.

C:\Program Files\Funcom\Age of Conan\cd_image\Gui\Customized\

Save over exsisting files and start playing again!

Files affected:

CommandTimerBar.xml
          BottomBar.xml
          HUDView.xml
          FloatingShortcutBarH.xml
          FloatingShortcutBarV.xml
          CharPortraitLeft.xml
          CharportraitRight.xml
          XPBar.xml
          TeamListEntryView.xml
          TeamListView.xml
          GuildMemberView.xml
          GuildMemberWndSkin.xml

Manual Application: To do this on your own, all you have to do is edit the version number. The latest version number is 50752.

In your .xml files that are affected by this patch, look for:

<!-- $Change: 49995 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->

This must be changed to 50752.

Copy

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
          <!-- $Change: 50752 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
          <!-- ================================================== ================================================== ====== -->
          <!-- *** MIRAGE UI FOR AGE OF CONAN ***-->
          <!-- *** Version 1.5, 6/12/2008 ***-->
          <!-- *** Created by LedMirage (Eduardo Lucero) ***-->
          <!-- *** http://LedMirage.net *** -->
          <!-- *** Version Fix For July 02, 2008 Patch By G.I.JOE?MFA? (Liquor) http://dfmafia.net *** -->
          <!-- ================================================== ================================================== ====== -->

and paste over the following text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
          <!-- $Change: 49995 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
          <!-- *** MIRAGE UI FOR AGE OF CONAN ***-->
          <!-- *** Version 1.5, 6/12/2008 ***-->
          <!-- *** Created by LedMirage (Eduardo Lucero) ***-->
          <!-- *** http://LedMirage.net *** -->

Save and play!

Comment

Love it.

Only one hitch that I can see... the health/stamina/mana bars (playing Barbarian so can only see hte first two normally anyway) aren't coloured... am guessing that the relevant filse, although tidied into the Mirage UI folder, haven't had the relevant path changed in an XML file...

Am going to try copying some into other folders (mostly guesswork here) as if it works it kinda proves me right(ish). Will let you know if it works.

loving it anyway ;-)

EDIT FOLLOWS

Just checked in the CharPortraitLeft.xml file and found the following:

Quote:
            <ProgressBar name="HealthBar"
            orientation="right"
            slider_mode="clip"
            slide_down_time="0.1"
            slide_up_time="0.0"
            left_margin="0"
            right_margin="0"
            flash_on_reduce="false"
            bg_gfx="PortraitGUI/portraitsbottom/bar_health_empty.tga"
            fg_gfx="PortraitGUI/portraitsbottom/mui_bar_health.tga"
            label_font="LARGE_BOLD"
            layout_borders="Rect(32,10,0,1)" />
            Am guessing that if it's working for most people, they had an earlier version installed and had the .tga files still in the relevant folders...

ADDITIONAL EDIT FOLLOWS

Replaced the line

Quote:
            fg_gfx="PortraitGUI/portraitsbottom/mui_bar_health.tga"
            with

Quote:
            fg_gfx="MirageUI/mui_bar_health.tga"
            and did the same for all lines beginning "fg_gfx" in both CharPortrait xml files, and it works now.

Thought I'd let ya know. (Please note - it's only the path bit that changes)

Damn fine piece of work by the way.

Comment

I am including an attachment to fix the portrait bars not showing the colors. I use the 3-small bars version. That is the one I fixed. I don't know if the others are broke or if this will fix the others if they are broke.

The files need to go in this location:

Age of Conan/cd_image/Gui/Customized/Views/HUD/CharPortraitLeft
              Age of Conan/cd_image/Gui/Customized/Views/HUD/CharPortraitRight

Note: If you have an older version installed prior to 1.6, you will still have the old files in the folders that the new docs point to and you won't notice that it is not working correctly. If you did a clean install, then you will have the problem of no colors in the bars.

Mirage UI v1.6 Portrait Bars Fix

Comment

F.Y.I. I'm just using the v1.5 UI with the version edits ive made - there are some minor issues with the v1.6 atm

Comment

its all working fine now - everything was fixed for this version

Comment

MirageUI is updated

Comment

2 New Version Number After HotFix

Code:
                      <!-- $Change: 52428 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
                      this is the version number after the hotfix
                      adjust you UI now or wait till hours later when the creators do it for you
                      open your Customized folder and for the 2nd line in each of the following .xml copy and paste the above lines of code over them
                      save and play
                      • CommandTimerBar.xml
                      • FloatingShortcutBarH.xml
                      • CharPortraitLeft.xml
                      • FloatingShortcutBarV.xml
                      • PetListView.xml
                      • QuestTrackerView.xml
                      • TeamListView.xml
                      • TeamListEntryView.xml
                      • GuildManagementView.xml
                      • SPQuestJournal.xml
                      • SPQuestView.xml
                      • QuestTreeViewItem.xml
                      • rewardreview.xml
                      the next list of files need:
                      Code:
                      <!-- $Change: 52709 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
                      • HUDView.xml
                      • BottomBar.xml
                      • XPBar.xml
                      • PvPXPBar.xml
                      • CharPortraitRight.xml
                      • GuildMemberView.xml
                      • GuildMemberWndSkin.xml

Comment

Working...
                      X