I just had a recent reply to one of my messages to the SWTOR forum moderators. This is about how the moderators are handling member posts and the lack of fairness on their part.things ate starting to heat up over there.

Hey Brock!

I looked into your account and the action taken against it. You’re correct that you have never received an infraction, but discussing moderation even as a third party is against the rules. Additionally, since you don’t have any previous infractions, it is clear that you are just spreading false information as a means to fan the flames of the ongoing discussion about moderation. This is also not allowed, and will not be tolerated.

Regards,

Tait Watson | Community Production Coordinator | BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. | twatson@bioware.com | www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com

My reply...

I think you missed one detail. I was giving examples. I was not fanning the flames nor spreading false information. How does a non-cuss word receive infraction points when obvious use of characters and spacing for cuss words only receive a warning?

I have noticed a trend in the recent months of moderators being highly objective. Allowing some posts to continue if and only when they agree with SWTOR moderator views. Whereas posts that highlight issues are having actions taken against them. I am surprised by this swing on moderation habits as it was not expected. Plus it doesn't follow past trends. It's pushing dedicated subscribers away from a very exciting time for SWTOR. Long time subscribers are watching what's happening and are being turned off by an overly aggressive forum administration.

I pointed out the lack of fairness on the part of moderators. If I had to bend rules by posting as a third party, then so be it. But getting infraction points or a warning over it should not happen. If the thread wasn't made, my reply would not have been made. It feels like taking a taxi in a foreign country. Just because the taxi gets into an accident, it's my fault because I'm the passenger?

I dispute the actions taken on my account and reject your reply. You outright accuse me of spreading false information and fanning the flames of an ongoing discussion. A discussion that is in fact not ongoing. It was 9 pages long, yet is not allowed or tolerated?

There is absolutely nothing about third party discussion of moderation in the forum ToS or Private Policy. How can the community take moderators serious if the moderators don't follow their own rules? I own and operate multiple websites and message boards. I write terms and policies that are clear cut and easy for members and site moderators/administration can follow/enforce. I do not allow case by case judgement calls by my employees. If I had, I would be a hypocrite.