This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Loot Guide - What to keep and what to trash

Originally posted by Centaurius. Reposted by G.I.JOE.

Centaur?s Space Loot ?Keep or Ditch? Guide

Many times I hear people that really want to get into space so they start on their path grinding and then I hear them asking what to do with all their loot.They don?t want to destroy it or sell it in case they have good loot but yet they can?t keep it because it is quickly overwhelming their inventory. They really don?t have any idea what to keep or get rid of, so I have re-created this guide which has helped guide me on those decisions. This is a re-compilation of an excellent guide written by KaylBreinhar on 06 June 2005 which has been lost to the ages (unless someone backed it up).

This is just a general guide for what you want to keep regarding space loot. The values I listed are what you want to achieve pre-engineer on several different components. It is highly unlikely you will find one piece with all the stats you are looking for. You may go above or beyond the values I have listed and still get good results, but for the most part these are a pretty solid benchmark. For a more in-depth analysis of what you can expect from looted components you can check out the charts here: http://www.spacetribe.org/ . Remember it can take quite awhile to get that last piece you need to re-engineer that uber level 8 engine so be patient. You will regret it down the road if you have an idea in your head of what you want your finished product to look like but you compromise on one area because you just can?t wait to use it.

What to do with the rest of the stuff? Well that?s really up to you but I can offer a few routes. First and foremost, you need to recognize the need to get rid of the stuff. If you just horde it and hang on just in case you will find your inventory, bank and every available lot filled with space crap. The stuff you don?t keep can be dealt with in several ways depending on it?s RE level. For level 1, 2, and 3 loot give it to your guild?s shipwright to RE for KSE Firespray discs. For level 4 and 5 loot, I find it easiest to just sell back to the Chassis Dealer NPC. For level 6 and above you can put it on a vendor. People will buy these parts for ?filler parts? in RE jobs. Check vendors to get an idea of what to charge in relation to the item?s RE level. Remember a level 10 engine will go for much more than a level 10 shield or droid interface simply because it is more useful and more valuable.

For specific information on what part to put in what ship, check out the pilot forums and use that handy little search tool. Also remember that many shipwrights can give you exactly what you need until you can get that ?perfect component? re-engineered. And, as far as POB?s go, Elite POB components except for the Guns and Reactor are definitely the way to go. These can be crafted by a shipwright but require the use of asteroid resources so be ready to do some space mining.

Level One:

Reactors :
    12-13k Regeneration Rates.

Armor:
    Mass under 750
    Armor 190+

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Two:

Reactors :
    12-13k Regeneration
    Masses under 1200.

Capacitors:
    Mass under 1.4k
    Drain under 800
    Energy Pool with 950+
    Regeneration Rates 38+

Armor:
    Mass under 1200
    Armor 290+

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Three:
    Reactors:
    Mass under 2k
    Generation 13k+
    Look for "Koensayr Mark II Supernova Reactor" and "Kuat Systems Engineering LX-21"

Armor:
    Mass under 1700
    Armor 490+

Ditch Anything Else.

Level Four:

Reactors:
    Masses under 4000
    Generation 13k+

Engines:
    Mass under 3800
    Drain under 1600
    Speed 68+
    YPR 62+

Capacitors:
    Look for these "brands" of capacitors for these stats:
    Gallant A1 - low masses, low drains
    Gallofree LT-22 - high regens
    Corellian Tuned Mark II & Special BJN-825s - high pools
    Qualdex Conservator Q3 - high regens, but LT-22s are usually better bets
    Drain under 700
    Cap Energy 1000+
    Recharge Rate 40+
    Mass under 3k

Armor:
    Armor 600+
    Mass look for Sienar Flight Systems Light Military Grade Durasteel which has 1986

Boosters:
    Look for 3 specific names when building a level 4 booster:
    * Mandalmotors M-Series
    * Novaldex Hypernova
    * Sienar Special Ion Booster

Using these boosters go for these stats:
    Energy 1980
    Mass under 3500
    Drain under 500
    Consumption Rate under 145
    Speed around 26+

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Five:

Weapons :
    Drain under 2k
    Min Dam 1150+
    Max Dam 1700+
    Vs Shields .64x+
    Vs. Armor .64x +
    EPS under 22
    Refire under .330
    Mass Under 6000

Shields:
    Front and Back HP 1100+
    Mass Under 6.5k
    Drain Under 2000
    Regen 8+

Armor:
    Mass under 3k
    Armor 950+

Reactor:
    Mass under 5.5k
    Generation 14k+

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Six:

Engines:
    Drain under 1400
    Mass under 9400
    YPR 67.4+ (do not go lower!)
    Speed cap appears to be 80.x so try to get as close as you can.

Capacitors:
    Drain under 700
    Mass look for 2 brands: "Mon Calamari Modified Heavy" and "Qualdex Heavy Capacitor Array."
    Mass under 8k
    Capacitor Energy 1200+
    Recharge Rate look for Qualdex Conservator QX2s w/ 46+

Weapons:
    Drain under 1800
    Mass under 10k
    Min Dam 1700+
    Max Dam 2600+
    Vs Shields & Armor .65+
    EPS 27 and under
    Refire .400 and lower

Armor:
    Look for Corellian Triplate pieces
    Armor 1200+
    Mass 6k and under

Shields:
    Front and Back HP 1400+
    Mass Under 11.5k
    Drain Under 1950
    Regen 10+

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Seven:

Reactors:
    For the most part these are junk. However, keep an eye out because occasionally they can drop with really, really high generation rates. I?m talking 25k to 50k. These are definitely keepers and will be needed if you want to outfit a good TIE Oppressor or a Firespray. The brand to keep an eye out for is: Slayn & Korpil "Vortex" Mk3. Re-Engineer it with a Level 7 with around 15k mass or lower and you have a truly exceptional reactor.

Shields:
    Hitpoints 1800+ (Nym?s Starmap gives Protect-O Net Shields good for this)
    Mass under 17k
    Drain under 2200
    Regen 14+

Weapons:
    There are only really two weapons you need to concern yourself with here for damage:
    Sienar Flight Systems "Boltdriver" & Ionic Pulse Weapon
    The Boltdriver is an Imperial-awarded weapon. It's always 1910.x-295x.x.
    The Ionic Pulse, awarded by Eyma on Kashyyyk is a lot more varied.
    Drain under 2k
    Mass under 15k
    Vs Shields & Armor .600 +
    EPS 24 and under
    Refire .330 and lower

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Eight:

Engines:
    Nym?s Starmap Quest gives a level 8 engine called the Quantum Ion Drive that can reach 100+ speeds
    Speed from looted engines caps around 88.5 so shoot for that
    YPR 70+ is nice but you really want the rare 71.5+ to get a RE engine with 75.0 ypr
    Drain under 1450
    Mass under 25k

Weapons:
    The Borstel Disruptor (and its twin cousin the Incom Tri-Cannon, a Rebel Tier 4 reward) is hands down, pound for pound, the very best weapon in game. This beauty is a reward for neutral pilots at Box 16. It has nearly unbeatable Damage and an EPS that will never be matched by anything else you craft or loot. I believe it is worth it to take your toon and all your alts up the neutral tree just to get this gun; it is that good. Do not RE any Level 8 guns without the Borstel. With a Borstel, the stats you want are:
    EPS and Damage will be covered by the Borstel
    Drain under 2k
    Mass under 27k
    Refire .400 and under
    VS Shields & Armor .640+

Reactors:
    Same as the level 7?s. Most are too heavy to be worth it, but if you loot one called the Kuat RCT-Z it can have generation rates from 30k-50k+. Pair it with a Level 8 with 23k-24k mass and that is the best you can get.

Shields:
    Drain 2200 and lower
    Mass 28k and lower
    Regen 14+
    Front & Back Hitpoints 2433 (Tier 4 reward shield available in all squadrons)

Armor:
    Hitpoints 1900+; Nym?s Starmap gives a nice 1920 piece of armor
    Mass under 13k

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Nine:

Weapons:
    Drain under 2000
    Mass 35k-40k
    Min Damage 2200+
    Max Damage 3500+
    EPS 24 and under
    VS Shields & Armor .6xx+
    Refire under .33x

Ditch Everything Else.

Level Ten:

Engines:
    Mass under 45k
    YPR 75.5+ needed to RE 80's
    Speed 90+
    Drain under 1500

Shields:
    Drain under 2000
    Mass under 50k
    Hitpoints 2500+
    Regen 16+

Weapons:
    Drain under 2k
    Mass in the low 40k?s
    Min Damage 2600+
    Max Damage 4000+
    Vs Shields &Armor .700+
    EPS around 30.0 and lower
    Refire around .4xx and lower

Armor:
    Hitpoints 2300+
    Mass under 17k (possible to go much lower with fantastic luck but this is a realistic goal)

Capacitors:
    Mass 35k-40k
    Drain under 1k
    Capacitor Energy 1300+
    Recharge Rate 55.x+

Ditch Everything Else.

Not everything you use has to be re-engineered parts. For the fastest engines, which many people use in their Firepsrays, see a Shipwright. Also, for the most part it, is more feasible to seek a Shipwright for armor and shields except for those ones I listed RE values for. Many times a shipwright can offer a pretty solid custom component until you can finish that RE job. Also notice I did not list any Droid Interfaces. The reason for this is, it is my belief you should build, your ship first then put in the fastest one your leftover mass will allow. Happy hunting!

well this is nice to use to see what the best parts are but dont ditch everything. I still need to find a piece for the firespray and need to RE everything for that.

Comment

yeah i was gonna ask you if you had gotten that Firespray yet

http://www.spacetribe.org/ - this site helps alot - lists every part by level and shows min and max values on what players have submitted

Comment

Working...
      X