Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounty Hunter Guide to SEA's

GerricSablestar wrote:
    It seems that there are always threads asking about SEAs for Bounty Hunters, so here's a relatively complete guide on SEAs from the perspective of a Bounty Hunter. I'll do my best to answer any additional questions y'all may have.
    A Bounty Hunter's Guide to SEAs
    Q: What is an SEA?
    A: SEA stands for Skill Enhancing Attachment, and refers to Armor, Clothing, and Weapon Attachments made by Munitions, Domestics, and Engineering Traders, respectively.

Q: What does an SEA do?
    A: SEAs provide bonuses to your statistics, anywhere from a single +1 modifier to three +35 modifiers.

Q: What statistics can SEAs modify?
    A: A full list can be found at The Junk Yard.

Q: The Junk Yard lists a Ratio for each Modifier Bit. What does it mean?
    A: A Modifier Bit's Ratio determines the maximum bonus an SEA can impart for that statistic. Ratios of 1 can make use of the SEA's full +35 capacity, while anything higher acts as a divisor, e.g., a 15 Ratio can have a maximum applied value of 2 (35 / 15 = 2.33)

Q: When calculating the maximum value of a Modifier Bit, do decimals count?
    A: No. Applied values always round down.

Q: What do I need, apart from a Modifier Bit, to make an SEA?
    A: In addition to a Modifier Bit, you will also need a Power Bit. One Modifier Bit and one Power Bit combine to make a single one-statistic SEA. You will need one Modifier Bit and one Power Bit for each statistic you wish to enhance for each item you wish to enhance. A fully enhanced set of gear (armor, clothing, and weapon) requires 39 Modifier and Power Bits.

Q: What do each of the core statistics do?
    A: Each of the core statistics--Agility, Constitution, Luck, Precision, Stamina, and Strength--controls several derived values, as listed below:
    • Agility: Dodge Chance (100:1), Parry Chance (200:1), Evasion Chance (100:1)
    • Constitution: Health (1:8), Action (1:2)
    • Luck: Dodge Chance (300:1), Evasion Chance (300:1), Evasion Value (100:1), Critical Hit Chance (100:1), Strikethrough Chance (200:1), Strikethrough Value (100:1)
    • Precision: Parry Chance (200:1), Block Chance (200:1), Critical Hit Chance (100:1), Strikethrough Chance (200:1)
    • Stamina: Action (1:8), Health (1:2)
    • Strength: Block Chance (200:1), Block Value (100:1), To-hit Chance (100:1), Melee Damage Bonus (100:1)

Q: Which core statistics are good for Bounty Hunters?
    A: That depends on your playstyle. Many Bounty Hunters swear by Constitution and Stamina to better survive their marks' alpha strikes, as well as to provide them with increased action for attacks of their own. For a defensive playstyle, Agility and Luck pair well, increasing your chances to Evade some or all of an AOE's damage as well as to outright Dodge an incoming attack. For an offensive playstyle, Luck, Precision, and Strength pair well, increasing your chances to Strikethrough, the amount by which you Strikethrough, your chance at a Critical Hit, and your chance to hit in general (note: Strength controls To-hit Chance for both melee and ranged attacks.)

Q: What about the other statistics? How do they work?
    A: Modifier Bits with a Ratio greater than 1 are called "exotic" modifiers. Exotics may only be placed in the Chest Plate, Shirt, and Weapon sockets. While exotics require Power Bits just as high in rating as the core statistics in order to achieve their cap, e.g., from 18 to 35, because of their higher ratios each exotic modifier only applies a smaller bonus to the modified skill.

Q: Which exotics are good for Bounty Hunters?
    A: Bounty Hunter has several profession-specific modifier bits:
    • Assault Action Cost (8): Reduces the Assault special attack's action cost by up to 4% per SEA
    • Assault Critical Chance (8): Increases the Assault special attack's action cost by up to 4% per SEA
    • Assault Damage (8): Increases the Assault special attack's damage by up to 4% per SEA
    • Assault Freeshot Chance (8): Increases the Assault special's chance to execute without consuming action by up to 4% per SEA
    • Droid Speed (3): Decreases the amount of time an Arakyd Probe Droid takes to return its target's location by 11 (?) per SEA
    • Tracking Droids (4): ?

There are also several weapon-specific modifier bits that may be of use to a Bounty Hunter:
    • Carbine Action Cost (10): Reduces the action cost of all special attacks executed with a carbine equipped by up to 3% per SEA
    • Carbine Critical Chance (10): Increases the chance to score a critical hit while wielding a carbine by up to 3% per SEA
    • Carbine Damage (14): Increases the minimum damage of carbine-based attacks by up to 2% per SEA
    • Rifle Action Cost (10): Reduces the action cost of all special attacks executed with a rifle equipped by up to 3% per SEA
    • Rifle Critical Chance (10): Increases the chance to score a critical hit while wielding a rifle by up to 3% per SEA
    • Rifle Damage (14): Increases the minimum damage of rifle-based attacks by up to 2% per SEA

There are several generic combat modifier bits that may be of use to a Bounty Hunter:
    • Critical Chance Increase (15): Increases the chance to score a critical hit by up to 2% per SEA
    • PVP Critical Chance (10): Increases the chance to score a critical hit against another player by up to 3% per SEA
    • Strikethrough Chance (6): Increases the chance to score a Strikethrough by up to 5% (0.5%?) per SEA
    • Strikethrough Value (4): Increases the amount by which successful Strikethroughs ignore armor by up to 8% per SEA (?)

And finally, there are several defensive modifiers that may be of use to a Bounty Hunter:
    • Bleeding Absorption (4): ?
    • Bleeding Resistance (4): ?
    • Block Chance (4): Increase the chance to block part of an incoming attack's damage by up to 8% (0.8%?) per SEA
    • Block Value (1): Increase the amount of damage reduced by a successful block by up to ? per SEA
    • Evasion Chance (3): Increase the chance to evade part of an incoming area of effect attack's damage by up to 11% (1.1%?) per SEA
    • Evasion Value (4): Increase the amount of damage reduced by a successful evade by up to 8% (0.8%?) per SEA
    • Fire Absoprtion (4): ?
    • Fire Resistance (4): ?
    • Glancing Blow Increase (18): Increase the chances that an incoming attack will be a glancing blow by 1% per SEA
    • Glanging Blow Increase (Melee) (14): Increase the chances that an incoming melee attack will be a glancing blow by up to 2% per SEA
    • Glancing Blow Increase (Ranged) (14): Increase the chances that an incoming ranged attack will be a glancing blow by up to 2% per SEA
    • Healing Potency (8): Increase the amount of damage healed via abilities and stims by up to 4% per SEA
    • Poison Absorption (4): ?
    • Poison Resistance (4): ?
    Q: How do I apply SEAs to my equipment?

A:Applying an SEA is as simple as dragging the SEA onto an item with a free socket. A prompt will appear asking you to verify that you want to combine the two items, select Yes and you'll have your newly enhanced item, ready to use.
    Q: What about Powerups? How do those work?
    A: Powerups are time-limited statistic enhancers applied to your Chest Plate, Shirt, and Weapon. Powerups may only modify a single statistic, and only one powerup may be used on any given item at a time. Powerups last for 30 minutes after being applied to an item.

Q: What modifiers can Powerups impart?
    A: Any available Modifier Bit (except for Experimentation) may be used to create a Powerup.

Q: How high can the bonus on a Powerup get?
    A: Powerups, unlike SEAs, receive two modifiers to their bonus: an innate 2x to the value of the Power Bit used to create the Powerup, as well as a modifier based on the crafting Trader's Reverse Engineering Chance statistic. Modifier Bits with a Ratio of 1 can break +110 on a Powerup, while Modifier Bits with a Ratio of 10 can only hit about +11.

Q: What SEA loadout do you use?
    A: Because I have an aggressive playstyle, and because I tend to PvP in open groups moreso than via the Player Bounty System, I wear a full suit of Mandalorian armor enhanced with 10 (Helmet, Left Bicep, Right Bicep, Left Bracer, Right Bracer, Bandolier, Gloves, Belt, Leggings, and Boots) +35 Luck / +35 Precision / +35 Strength SEAs, for a total of +350 Luck / +350 Precision / +350 Strength, and 2 (Chest Plate and Shirt) +4 Assault Action Cost / +4 Assault Freeshot Chance / +3 Rifle Action Cost exotic SEAs, for a total of +8 Assault Action Cost / +8 Assault Freeshot Chance / +6 Rifle Action Cost. I use a Guardian Lightning Cannon, so I can't socket an SEA in my weapon. I also use a total of +287 Strength in Powerups.

this is a reply from a BH i know ingame while out PvP'n in Restus - though im still unsure what i want to stack

Comment

Working...
    X