X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Destroyer Instance

this is a hot topic on the SWG forums...players are complaing its too hard

BULLSHIT i say

its a 2 hour timer and theres a cloner on it...

heres some helper info...(though i think its common knowledge for those of us that have played each profession)

1 Jedi if you have too (sorry all you FS players but no need for a tank in this instance - only DPS needed)

Armor Break and Dread Strike are your best friends (BHs remember to cordinate and cycle these attacks on the gold elites) - officers mark targets - smugs debuff targets

turn on show all object names (helps to see the proton gernades on the floor)

everyone assist the BH and kill the gernaders first

if you see a hallway with NPCs paired off...only pull 2 at a time

kill the 2 droids first

take you time and make 1 and 2 NPC pulls - dont rush and get ahead of yourself

DOT them up

stay as a group

remember to designate 1 player to assist off of (macro it and put it on a hotkey [i personally like using spacebar for this since jump is completely useless]) - full DPS hitting same target = quicker kills and less teammate health taken away

i did it again 2nite and though i wasnt happy about having 2 jedi in the group we did it without anyone dieing - half the team had never done it before
    they assisted off my target everytime (even the jedi had ranged weapons for the first part) - we took our time and only fought with 4 gold elites once (one of the jedi pulled them in)

keep an eye on your medics - jedi pull agro off them or BHs use snipe shot and pull them off (or if any BH actually has it use the agro special) then use Dread Strike to lower the NPC's DPS

at times ill run with my rez arm - here its not a bad idea - rez someone every 30 mins - in a 2 hour instance may have to use it if a medic falls or both and they dont have the ring

Setting up your ASSIST macro:

go to commands/macro

create new macro

NAME: assist
    ICON: whatever you want
    TEXT: /assist NAME;

accept it

now go to your options menu and under keymap go to bindings...now bind this macro to the spacebar (or whatever key you want)

have the players youre assisting target something/somebody - hit spacebar - you should now be targeting what your buddy is targeting...

if you want to have it repeat just toss in /pause 3; /macro assist; after the /assist NAME; - it will pause for 3 seconds and repeat - type /dump into chat to end the macro

(works great for pvp too)

oh and ive never had to bug (exploit) the instance to win it

I just found out that you get a special "smuggled" buff if you go up to the ISD on a POB piloted by a Smuggler. Pretty cool idea IMO, course I'm a smuggler.

Comment

and you can fly a pob ship! double bonus

Comment

True that!

Comment

Working...
        X