update on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on me

whats up everyone. its been a long time. originally was going to be 4 months out here. i extended 2 more months. should leave here no later than june 10th. then after a week in the states off to okinawa.

jeep has changed a lot. over 20 grand into it. and nearly double that to come later this year on my next trip. lol parents tell me i should have paid it off. lol HA the jeep is a toy that i wanted for a long time now. finally im able to build exactly what i want.

PICS of jeep work
    PICS of Iraq i have more but unable to upload them atm

JK-Forum.com the site im on a lot. cant access dfmafia.net

My JK Build Thread bragging rights. once the project is finished.

im trying to stay out of the states as much as possible. if i hit 330 days out of the year then tax free baby. the jeep would be finished january of next year. and i can take it to Moab in April for the easter jeep safari. the big jeep event. rock crawling meca

work is great. easy, good people out here. we all get along. i extended 2 more months. cant pass up another 16k. i head back out in august for another 4 months but plan on extending agian. got to get a hemi in the jeep. im up for promotion. did a lot of great work out here and actually got a big thank you from the bosses. they really needed me and asked me to stay. also looks like we get a pay raise in june. will be nice to get promoted in may and then a raise in june. pad the bank a bit more.

best thing i did was get out of the air force. uav is here to stay and i got in early enough that job is secured.

was going to build a new computer but put it on hold. got to find out what happens in the next year or so with this job. if i keep going up then ill stay and wont have time for gaming much.

its good to see most everyone is still active. i miss playing games and the site. though im sure ron is happy the site has been unmolested for the last 6 months. ROTFLMAO

Re: update on me

Cool pics of the jeep looks nice can't wait to see it complered...nice to hear you doing great and that the job is going well...

Stay safe and don't DRINK to much...lol

Comment

YOOOO JOOOOE!!

wuz up man! good to hear from you glad all is good at your end and its not dfmafia.net we have the teammafia.net working lol, oh and hell yeah not only ron but Blaster, Kroll, me and every1 else is glad to see the the site/forums havent gone down at all in 6 or so months :-)~.

Pics look awsome man lots of work you have done to that jeep looks great!

why cant you get on the forums from over there?

well hope to hear from you as much as possible try and stay out of trouble and defenetly KEEP SAFE!

Comment

Hey very nice to see you're doing well Joe...

Nice shots of the rock crawler....wish I had one when I was young...and now the wife says no

Yeah glad the site has stayed intact...so don't mess with it, just cause you can.

Keep your head down, and keep up the good work out there..make money and I hope that you get that 330 days....no need to keep giving money to the gov so they can piss it away.

Comment

Awsome to hear from you again Joe, way too long since last time, but I will give you a break as you can't get here from work heh. Will try to get to the other site, very interested of your jeep project, the bumper and the new rims look wickied! Have to record the sound of the Hemi if you get one! *drools*

Take care Joe, be safe and keep up the job as a UAV god!

Comment

heres the latest picture i have of the jeep.

big change since the last time crypt saw it.

porportions are right on, with the lift, wheels and tires it nearly looks stock. lol except the tires are 39.5x14.50-17" LOL

thats over 3 feet of tire...

Comment

Holy crap, there's one thing I hate on that car though! It's dirty!

Whats the power of that winch? Looks huge!

Comment

yeah its dirty because its been in the shop since feburary. lol

thats the Warn Powerplant HP winch. its rated at 9,500LB and the HD version is rated at 12,500LB and has a better air compressor on it.

it also has a air compressor and small air tank. so i can air up my tires as needed.

the winch cable isnt a cable at all. its a synthetic rope. easier and safer to handle than cable. bonus is that it is about 40 pounds lighter too.

Comment

Wow thats a serious winch, never seen anything above 2 metric tons (around 4250 lb heh

What does that ride weight?

Yeah a metall cable isn't nice when it become a flying knife

Oh and one more thing. Wash the damn thing!!

Comment

lol it will get detailed before i pick it up in a month. roll cage is at paint now, skid plates will be installed monday, seats are installed but they are having issues with the wiring of the seats. power adjust and heated seats. lol

got a cobra 75 wx st on order along with a tuffy security enclosure for the area behind the rear seats. bacially turns it into a lockable trunk.

suspensio0n tuning is finished and im told the jeep rides great. better than stock.

stock it weighs 3785 lbs. i think ive added nearly 250 to the front, 350 to the rear and wheels and tires total may have added another 300 lbs. so almost 5,000 lbs now...ill put it on a scale when i get it and get a better answer for it. ill never see 24mpg in it again...lol let alone 17mpg. i expect to get around 13-15 mpg with all the extra weight and larger tires

i requested more pics and some side profile pics and another with it sitting next to a stock JK. hopefully ill get those this week.

the green chaulk on the tires is there to tune the suspension and get the correct air pressure in the tires so they wear evenly. these are bias tires and will take a lot less psi than regular radial tires. think the psi is around 20, maybe even as low as 15psi. when i wheel it ill drop them down to 5psi. break in the think sidewalls and it will smooth out the ride even more.

Comment

Holy crap, i can see why you went with a big winch hehe. Are you able to change the airpresure from inside the car or is it manageble from outside with the aircompressor on the winch?

What type of suspension is mounted on it?

More pic, I guess you update the projekt-jk page with pics as you get them and have time to upload them (or are the shop uploading them?) oh and don't forget to take lots of photos when you pick it up before your trip! (With your new camera )

Saw your Iraq photos, didn't notice the link untill now. Those predetors are huge! They look so small while in the air that you never realice their hugeness! Are those hangars purpously built for those things, doesn't look like it's much room on each side of the wings hehe

And what's that thing where you're looking for mad max? Airport securiy truck or a portable airport raidio tower?

Mind if I post the link to these on NovaHq? Might get Killerbe to post some, even if I don't think so. Anyways, more photos of all to the people, or atleast to the Mafia passi

Comment

Originally posted by G.I.JOE?MFA? View Post
                        heres the latest picture i have of the jeep.

big change since the last time crypt saw it.

porportions are right on, with the lift, wheels and tires it nearly looks stock. lol except the tires are 39.5x14.50-17" LOL

thats over 3 feet of tire...

big change!? Shit looks like a totaly different Jeep! lol...

Comment

here you go. ill just quote the OP in that forum. i update it as i get photos and add more parts to it or get an update from kevin over at 4ws.com

this post has all the details of my project

Originally posted by G.I.JOE?MFA?
                          Finally I'll be able to start my build-up on my JK. I'm going for a build that will allow some crawling while still able to hit the dunes at speed. I'm working with 4ws.com to get this ball rolling and completed before I return to the states. Can't beat the free shipping and deals they offer.
                          Phase I is wrapping up now. Bumpers, rock rails, winch, seats (still working power for heaters and power adjust) installed. Suspension is tuned and hear it rides great and true. Cage is in for paint and the skids will be installed monday. Just ordered the CB and tuffy enclosure. I will be doing the mygig, sound proofing, and speaker upgrades when I get back to the states. The Jeep should be done in time for Project-JK West Coast Mega Meet 2009 June 27th.

Phase I:
                          • * Rock Krawler 5.5" X Factor Plus Coil Over Long Arm + Heavy Duty Tie Rod, Drag Link, and Bilstein Shocks
                          • * Rubicon Electric Disconnect Swaybar
                          • * Superior 5.13 Gears
                          • * Tom Woods Driveshafts
                          • * Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper + Stinger
                          • * LOD Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper Gen2 Tire Carrier
                          • * LOD Rock Rails
                          • * Gerry Can Holders and Cans
                          • * Trail Rack
                          • * Xenon Flat Fenders - painted to match
                          • * Walker Evans 17x8.5 Beadlocks Wrapped With 39x14.50-17 Pitbull MadDogs
                          • * Front SRT-8 Heated and Power Seats
                          • *Warn Powerplant with Viking Orange 3/8x100' Synthetic Line with Winch Safety Thimble Eye and 10' HD Line Protector
                          • * AEV ProCal
                          • * Dana 30 USA Alloy Chomoly Axle Shafts
                          • * Rock Hard Transmission, Transfer Case, Gas Tank, and Evap Skid Plates
                          • Rock Hard Full Safety Cage
                          • Rugged Ridge XHD Skid Plate
                          • Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure
                          • Cobra 75 WX ST
                          • 102" Whip Antenna
                          • Full Dynamat Interior
                          • MyGIG (Lockpicked)
                          • Complete Speaker Upgrade
                          Phase II:
                          • Custom Axles with ARB Lockers
                          • PSC steering
                          • Atlas II 4-Speed Transfer Case
                          • SRT-8 Brembo Brakes
                          • Dual Batteries
                          • MOPAR Windshield Light Bracket + KC Slimlite lights
                          • Rear SRT-8 Heated and Powered Seats
                          Phase III:
                          • 6.1 Hemi install - hopefully 6-speed manual
                          • Custom 3" Dual Exhast
                          • AEV Heat Reduction Hood - painted to match
                          • AEV Pre-Filter Snorkel
                          • * - Wild Boar Fastback Hard Top with T-Top (pending sale of my hardtop this will be ordered now)
                          Any thoughts or comments would be helpfull for a successful build that works great and also looks good.
                          Pics of the JK and ill update as the work is being done and completed. Everything that is replaced or removed is up for sale.
                          * = Installed
                          PICS:
                          SRT-8 seats prior to install
                          -
                          -

17x8.5" Walker Evans Beadlocks

39.5x14.50-17" Pitbull MadDogs

Front Dana 30 Gear and Suspension Work in Progress

Rugged Ridge XHD w/Stinger and Warn Powerplant - RK 5.5 Comp Installed (stock wheels and tires)

LOD Shorty Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

Shot of the Coil Over

Phase I nearly completed

Side Shot

Shot from the front, underside

More pics to follow as i get them.
                          too bad i cant update the title of the thread to '07 Steel Blue Unlimited Sahara Build

ST, the predator is fairly small. its in canvas sunshades out here. quick and easy enclosure to put up for any type of aircraft. though jets wouldnt work very well.. the jet blast could topple them over...lol

the air is not controled from inside. i will have to get out and air up and down manually. but only takes 10 - 15 mins total. thats faster than others that have an on board air tank. the powerplant puts out more air faster than the stand alone air systems. later ill have a tank added and it plumbed to each wheel well.

those Mad Max vehicles are MRAPs. better suited out here than humvees because they are made to withstand a roadside bomb attack. im uploading the pics but running out of room on that site. lol ill take more pics when i get it.

i was invited to a jeep rally in cali on june 27th. already we have 80 Jks signed up but it looks like we can easily et over 100. will be bigger than moab. basically a meet and greet for the forum members and the site is a practice course for off roading and rock climbing.

crypt, i got a side profile shot of it there for you...also i will have a stock JK sitting next to it later this week. for comparison reasons. lol

my dad doesnt like it because he would rather me pay it off and keep it stock. he would have a heart attack if he knew how much ive spent on it, let alone how much more will go into it. already ive spent close to $20K. the hemi conversion will cost $24K. then add in the remaining mods and it will be close to another $7K. i only owe around $21K on it now and could pay it off. the install costs is whats killing me now.

is it worth it? i think so, because ill own the jeep for a very long time. wont put many miles on it because ill be out of the states a lot. its a toy for when im in the states. lol commpared to other jeeps in the magazines this one is going to be one of the most modified daily drivers. JPMagazine takes the cost of the jeep and all mods then averages them out to its worth. just looking at mine now it would be worth $50K now. add in the hemi and rest of the mods and ill be pushing the $90K mark. i do plan on submitting it to a few of the jeep and 4 wheel drive magazines when the project is completed. hopefully get sponsored and take it to all the jeep rallies i can when im off work.

i also plan on getting either a chaser trailer or horizon trailer for it. put a roof top tent on it and pull all my camping supplies in the trailer. i could take 2 more people with me and my girlfriend on week long camping trips. with the srt-8 seats, power adjust and heated will be nice for all passengers. they are really comfortable and support great.

Comment

They look very big for being UAV heh

Every soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan should have one of those MRAPs

Comment

Working...
                            X