X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need expert advice

What is better out of the two?

1)
    CPU - AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition Quad Core 125 watt Deneb @ 3.5GHZ per a core = 14GHZ
    CPU COOLER - To achieve this overclock & keep the system cool - Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer 120mm fan CPU Cooler + Custom Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Paste
    Video Card(s) - Two, yes 2X, Galaxy Geforce 9800GT 512MB GDDR3 PCIE 2.0 Dual Slot Graphics cards in SLI mode!
    Motherboard - MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum - SLI, Esata, Firewire, Digital Optical, 8 Channel Audio, AM2+ 125 watt Support, Circu Pipe Cooler
    RAM (Memory) Corsair 2x2GB extreme performance DDR2 800 PC2 6400 1.8V Dual Channel W/ Gaming heatsinks
    Case - Antec 900 Gaming Chassis
    Power Supply - Apevia Aqua Power 700 Watt high efficiency SLI/Xfire certified PSU w/ Blue LED
    Optical Drive - LG DVD/CD burning combo drive
    Hard Drive - Seagate 500GB SATA II 7200 RPM HDD 16Mb Cache
    Operating System - Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit - All Drivers Installed.

2)

It has and Antec 900 case with all of the blue led fans added, 9 fans in all including the bank of 3 cooling the memory.

It is powered with an AMD ATHLON X2 7750 2.7GHZ 3.0MB Total L2+L3 cache CPU, yes the is the only X2 with the L3 cache on the cpu(just like the quad core cpus).

The motherboard is and Nvidia NForce 730a with the blue digital cpu temperature read out that you can see through the cases side panel cut-out.

It has a Epsilon 700watt powersupply which is sli certified and tested.

An XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+ video card.

Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR 1066 2x2 4gigs of memory with the 3bank of fans on top.

The ASUS Silent knight heatsink which keeps the cpu idle at 20 degrees cel. and only about 32 degrees cel. under full load(Very low).

Arctic 5 thermal paste for the cpu.

A 320 gig hard drive western digital 7200 rpm 16MB Sata2.

TPlink 54MBPS wireless card with an extra 45 feet of extension cable.

An LG 22x DvD-RW/CD-RW disk drive.

A Sound Blaster Audigy Special Edition sound card 7.1.

An OEM copy of VISTA ULTIMATE 64 BIT PRE-INSTALLED.

Re: Need expert advice

1 would perform better imo. sli is hard to pass up. though i like vista ultimate better than home edition.

the audigy sound card is really nice too. remember how bad i sound on vent when i used the onboard sound? i picked up an x-fi titanium for 100 bucks at best buy. great sound card.

Comment

were you thinking of buying this for ME?????

Comment

Or your Swedish buddy? Anyways I agree with joe, I would of picked the first, even only the first line did it for me

Comment

Well I didnt get ither of those machines I searched and searched until I just said Im not getting anything for now...Then this fell in my lap so I bought it....

1) Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard
          2) Intel Core I7 950 Processor
          3) ATI Radeon 4890 OCX Video card clocked at stock 925Mhz Core and 1050Mhz Memory GDDR5
          4) G-Skill DDR3 1600 RAM 6 GB Triple Channel Memory Kit
          5) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card
          6) Antec Elite Computer Case
          7) Rosewill 1000W SLI/CrossfireX Ready Power Supply
          8) 300GB Western Digital Veloci Raptor 10,000 rpm Hard Drive
          9) Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
          10) Lite-on DVD combo drive

This system as it is, would cost at Newegg $2700.00. The core i7 950 processor as seen in the picture is currently running at 3.2Ghz with a slightly higher CPU voltage.
          The creative X-Fi sound card produces great sound for music and or gaming.
          The power supply is large enough to accomodate any future upgrades.
          The 300GB Western Digital Veloci Raptor hard drive make read and write times extremely fast. The system as shown in the picture scores a 5.9 which is the highest you can get in Windows Vista.
          Comes with a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit w/SP1.

Comment

When should I expect it to arrive here?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronbo*MFA* View Post
              When should I expect it to arrive here?
              It arrived!!!............ at my house

Comment

awwwww...where's the love.

Comment

Oh it's here those specs are, will have to read up on them later, time to sleep soon

Comment

nice rig. i have that sound card too. my old x-fi card had an unfortunate event involving some of my coolant leaking onto it. it finally crapped out and i picked up that one. its very nice.

now i want to build a new rig. lol im holding off until after the jeep is done and i get some time to look at computer parts. im really looking forward to that new star wars game and going to build a system that will complement that game.

i was actually looking at building a similar system earlier this year!

Comment

Working...
                    X