X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista - My Findings

Originally Posted HERE

so a case of silver bullets down and to finish this "Log Book" heres what i did to get R6V running in Vista on a Mid-Level Rig:

Vista instaled - Updated fully

Updated X-Fi

Updated 8800 GTS (Nvidia Latest Driver)

Found sound issue and updated Mouse/Trackball Driver (Google search found 6.1 Driver - ill link it if needed)

installed R6V using default settings

Hacked R6V for widescreen support (1680x1050)

edited .INIs for weapons and sever settings

Optimised for system - R6V file edits using "Legal Tweaks"

Running at 70+ Frames a sec in most situations and R6V looking good

only thing i cant fix is Ventrilo - sounds like a machine gun when talking PTT (push to talk) and voice activated on all codecs - (cant find a fix for this and tried admin and XP SP2 permissions) - any help here would be nice!!!

about the X-Fi and Vista - its does not agree 100% - or even 10% - anytime i would adjust the sound settings - 7.1 speakers and such the driver would fail and i would get horrible snap, crackle and pop (Rice Krispies as some say) and would have to uninstall driver and reinstall - best is to keep default installed settings and you will never have a problem

Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars Galaxies is working just fine...just a few minor graphic adjustments for performance issues (profile adjustments)

i hope my day on Vista has helped some that had issues - ive ran Vista before but had major sound card issues but, drivers are better now but not 100% six months ago - its better now but without ventrilo working for outgoing (incoming is great!!!) i just am too quiet and the "machine gun" break ups in my voice are too much for my squad so it makes vent chat impossible - text is fine but i cant kill and type at the same time . . yet

recommend vista if not using ventrilo (drivers are improving on vista - check it out and see if it works for you!!!)

recommend XP 64-Bit for everyone that can run it with 100% compatability (vent, R6V and any other windows based programs)

do not recommend XP 32-Bit (once i went to 64Bit i never looked back - the performance increase is dumbfounding - toss in 10k RPM hard drives and youll never look back)

am i staying with Vista? - yes - i dont use vent enough to actually miss it - i host when i play R6V and its very rare to have anyone actuall connect to vent - i play LOTRO more and it has ingame chat that works better than vent - Vista Ulitmate 64-Bit performs better than XP 64Bit on my system so im sticking with Vista (just gotta get a damned RAID going on these Raptors - lol )

DXDIAG - Default

DXDIAG - 64 Bit

notice the sound card driver is not Digitally Signed and its the only thing that im having problems with

fixed my audio issues on Ventrilo

i had to set my mic up on my onboard sound - Realtek AC'97 - speakers still go through my X-Fi but mic is through the onboard - i sound tin canny but no "Rice Krispy" effects now

also i can use push to talk again

Comment

Working...
    X