Ronbo get well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronbo get well!

Sorry about you leg Ron... Hope all goes well at the Doc's office today and that your not in to much pain.

Get well soon.

What did you do ron?

Comment

What happened?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Get well soon Ron!!

and as for what happened he fell at the stairs and broke the small bone in his leg and sprained his ankle...

Comment

hope all goes well for you ron

how did the doctor visit today go?

Comment

OK got back from the Ortho doc today in a non weight bearing cast. The doc explained that the broken bone is the least of my injuries.

He explained that there was extensive damage to the ligaments and tendons in the ankle. The force of the fall was mainly on the ankle and the force traveled up my leg and broke my bone.

During the weekend the splint did little to alleviate the pain since any little bump or twist sent me through the roof. Since the cast was put on this afternoon the pain is almost completely non existant. Thankfully they didn't have to cast above the knee, which would take months to get the range of motion back. The worst pain I experienced was my knee since it was splinted so it couldn't move. I was very worried that I wouldn't get any range of motioned back in the knee with the lack of muscle in my legs if they casted it for months.

I am in a non weight bearing cast for the next two weeks and then a walking cast for 4 weeks after that.

I have some great friends that have all volunteered to help with any work that comes up for me. One of them took care of a job that I had scheduled for today and tomorrow. He decided that he would take care of it on Sunday. They will work their regular jobs and then take care of anything that comes up for me so that I don't lose any customers.

So much for falling down 4 stairs...I would recommend that you all don't try this. I fell so fast that I didn't have time to grab the hand rail. Won't make that mistake again.

And I want to thank all of you for your thoughts....it truly makes me feel like I am part of a bigger family.

Comment

I hope you're feeling better and back on your feet soon.

In the mean time, might I suggest BEER ... it is an over the counter medication that often helps speed the healing process. Sometimes you can find some people who manufacture this medication in their own homes for medicinal purposes. Most of them can be found in Wisconsin. I suggest that you look into this as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the smaller the affect it will have on the healing process. Some say that the emotional part of the healing process can also be helped if you share some of the medication with friends. Maybe the ones that are helping you with your work while you heal. I am sure that after a long hard days work, they would also appreciate the many medicinal benefits that this medication can provide.

Get better SOON ... and ... Cheers

Comment

heh you're so right Kirk...I do brew my own, but haven't had the time lately to do so. I have a friend that is going to drop some homebrew off because I didn't make it to a beer tasting this past saturday.

Comment

Glad to hear the pain is gone away. Let us know if you need anything.

Comment

Glad the cast thing worked out for you and that the pain is less than it was.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ditto on the last 2 posts b4 this one, ron and if you do need anything please dont hesitate to ask, we will do everything we can to help thats what family is all about...

Comment

ouch just reading that even after you discribed it this weekend and it still makes mine hurt...

glad to hear they didnt cast the knee and that its only for 6 weeks or so

Comment

Glad to hear that you have great friends helping you out while you're in a cast! I hope the recovery is quicker then expected! And if you need anything I'm here (I'm afraid I can't take a plane and help you out )

Crypt, I bet photos of south beach would cheer Ron up

Comment

Originally posted by Ronbo*MFA* View Post
                            heh you're so right Kirk...I do brew my own, but haven't had the time lately to do so. I have a friend that is going to drop some homebrew off because I didn't make it to a beer tasting this past saturday.
                            Well maybe you'll have enough time now to get a batch or two started.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. I am only half a days drive away. And if you need any help taste testing your new batch of homebrew I will be happy to help there as well

Comment

That could be an amusing site. Ron in a cast drinking home brew. If he starts drinking scotch with that who knows what else he will break!

We should all sign his cast!

Comment

Working...
                              X