Private Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Server

I have my private server up and running. I have just a handful of bugs to still address before going live with the realm. Basically it is semi-Blizz-like ... all the quests are the same, all the instances are the same, etc .. but XP is 2.5X and money is 5X.

Anyway, if any of you want to help test and try out the server, the realm is 75.144.92.106 (just edit the first line in the realmlist.wtf file in your warcraft directory) ..... All testers get a fully equipped 70 (T6 and related) on horde and alliance, and as many level whatevers that they want.

Kirk

Re: Private Server

whoa thats cool. what can you do with a private server? is it something just for fun or a business venture?

Comment

NICE!! ok i opened that file in notepad and this is in there what am i editing and with what?

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
      set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crypt*MFA* View Post
        NICE!! ok i opened that file in notepad and this is in there what am i editing and with what?

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
        set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
        You would replace the first line with
        set realmlist 75.144.92.106

If I were you, I would make a couple copies of this file ... first one name it realmlist.ht23.wtf and the second one realmlist.blizz.wtf ..... and edit the first one (realmlist.ht23.wtf) to match what I listed above.

Then create 2 files (notepad will do) and name the first one HT23-wow.bat and make the content as follows:

Code:
        del realmlist.wtf
        copy realmlist.ht23.wtf realmlist.wtf
        wow.exe
        And create the second file named Blizz-wow.bat and make the content as follows:

Code:
        del realmlist.wtf
        copy realmlist.blizz.wtf realmlist.wtf
        wow.exe
        Then just make shortcuts to the 2 files on your desktoip .... double click the blizz one, and it will be you playing on the Blizzard Server .... double click the ht23 one and play on my server.

Hopefully I explained that OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaster*MFA* View Post
          whoa thats cool. what can you do with a private server? is it something just for fun or a business venture?
          Both for fun,and for business.

Another private realm that I had been administering for a friend for a while is now making 16K per month income .... it is a free server like mine, but people "donate" to it for things like better gear, etc ....

Comment

Almost forgot one very important step ..... I have to create an account for anyone who wants to play ....

PM me with a login name and password that you want to use, and I will set it up for you. From there you log in as listed above and create your toons (on both alliance and horde if you want) and let me know toon names that you want to have geared and I will fix em up.

Kirk

Comment

k got it sent pm with info ...

Comment

16K? Wow (no pun intended ) I don't get that programming robots

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTrigger*MFA* View Post
                  16K? Wow (no pun intended ) I don't get that programming robots

Yeah .... I was amazed as well ..... and IMMEDIATELY started working on getting my own server up as soon as I saw the potential

Comment

Hope you can make something out of it 16k a month isn't somthing I would turn down

Just payed 1k to bills a few hours ago, stinged in the wallet and there's now just some ashes left

Comment

I would like to thank all those that came onto the private realm last night to help find bugs and have fun.

I had a good time, and discovered a few new bugs that I can fix.

I appreciate the help, and look forward to doing more.

Comment

Kirk how do you want us to inform you of bugs we may find. Would you like a post here or an in game email and if so to whom?

D told me about 2 items. 1 flight paths arent being 'remembered' she went to ironforge and got a flight path and then went to thessalmar to pick that one up and then couldnt fly back to IF it said she didnt know any.... The second is when she logged back in this morning she was still in the group from last night (me, crypt, you were all still in the group) ill log in shortly and see if Im still in it.

Comment

The server will be down for maintenance for a couple hours today while it is made public.

Once this maintenance is complete, the server will be fully public, and ready for recruiting.

I will post here with updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post
                            The server will be down for maintenance for a couple hours today while it is made public.

Once this maintenance is complete, the server will be fully public, and ready for recruiting.

I will post here with updates.

PUBLIC!...Wooooot

Comment

Ok !! cant wait till it goes public!

Comment

Working...
                              X