Guild: Will Kill for Frybread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild: Will Kill for Frybread

All. I have been speaking with some members of another small guild of mostly family members called Will Kill for Frybread. They have invited me to do some heroics with them and they are a good guild like our own. Close and small. In our talks I mentioned that between the two guilds maybe we could team up and do 10 man raids. They though it was a good idea and I have shared our guild roster of lvl 80's with them. Below is their guild roster. The ones listed together are the same person but their alts. I put a calendar invite up for Sat at 3pm est. This is when we are going to try to do the 10 man vault and OS. This is an approximate time its when we will try to start gathering. IF we dont get all 10 slots filled between our guilds we will grab someone else.

They also run alot of heroics and sometimes need a dps to fill out their roster. Dont be surprised if your on and get a whisper from one of them to join.

They do have vent and i told them we did also. We will have to work out who joins what vent especially if we start doing harder ones like naxx n so on.

Lilmorelle - DK
    Foxpaws - Druid (resto)

Maramac - Holy pally

Tinise - Prot Pally
    Jandrel - Rogue

Dooflock - warlock
    wudchuck - DK tank

Marissha - Holy priest.

Re: Guild: Will Kill for Frybread

Hello Mafia folks!

I just wanted to say thanks for coming out to raid yesterday
    We had a blast, and hope you did too. I wasn't sure what to expect, tackling new (to us) content... but I think clearing almost half of Naxx is an unqualified succss
    Everyone did a great job on Sarth as well. I was impressed with everyone's patience, flexibility, and skill... even in the face of rising repair costs ~ LOL

Just to echo what Rahzael posted above, we like to run heroics during the week... so if you need someone to fill a group, feel free to /whisper me. I'll be looking for you guys as well. And to answer somebody's question from last night - yes, we really do love frybread that much... although it definitely doesn't fit in my diet ~

We've been running some kind of 10-man raid each Saturday for the last month or so, previously filling out the gruops with pick-ups. It would be wonderful if we had a regular group to run, and it seems like our two guilds are a good match. So if you had fun last night, and have an opening on your Saturday afternoon/evening schedule, come roll with the Frybread.

Take care,

Foxpaws

Comment

Yes last night was a blast! I'm glad blaster met you guys and gals and got us all together.

I personally look forward to joining you guys again as much as possible and finally doing the things we like ingame with a guild thats just like ours , with good people and good times.

Thanks for having us join up with you and you can definitely count on *MaFiA* when ever you need.

Ingame toons

Crrypt/Deathraiser/Trindaddy
      Hunter-DeathKnight-Warlock

Comment

Hey Foxpaws...thanks so much for the great time last night. I think that finding a group such as yours was something that we've been wanting to do, but never took the opportunity to do so.

I think as a whole we like to think of ourselves as a flexible group, and I know that I really appreciated your groups patience with us as this is a learning experience for us.

The only reason I asked if you guys liked frybread is because so few people have heard of it outside the upper midwest. My preference is for frybread to be stuffed with taco fixings....and yes it doesn't fit into my diet either

I look forward to doing this again with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaster*MFA* View Post
          they are a good guild like our own. Close and small. In our talks I mentioned that between the two guilds maybe we could team up and do 10 man raids. They though it was a good idea and I have shared our guild roster of lvl 80's with them. Below is their guild roster.

. IF we dont get all 10 slots filled between our guilds we will grab someone else.
          At the time I thought this a good idea.....

But so far my experience has been a little (how can I say this diplomatically?) soured.

It seems that we are expected to drop everything we're doing at the drop of a hat when they choose to do some raiding. Some of us do a little more planning because of family things or what not...so these 2 min warnings are not simply enough.

In my mind I think that we should at least have a plan in place if we're to do this on a regular basis....or at least communicate during the week for weekend runs.

I am not saying that those of you that wish to drop everything to raid with Frybread should stop doing it...but rather should have some consideration for those of us in MaFiA that simply isn't in a position to drop everything.

I hope that this isn't taken the wrong way or in anyway offends you....I just want to get out there that I am a bit put off with the situation at the moment.

A comment made to me earlier in the week was taken as a put down and quite frankly I did take offense to that. The comment was "Yeah but I am better geared" Well my question is how the hell can I get the better gear, when other plans are made when there has been no mention of doing raids until 2 mins beforehand...and god forbid that you ask them to wait, because they would rather give a spot to a pug than wait....but will wait 45 mins for one of theirs....this isn't an alliance as such, but we're a group of convenience...or should I say some of us are.

We've been friends far to long to do this to one another...but frankly I am fed up feeling like the odd one out...and would rather simply just go away.

Comment

Ron,

No one is expecting you to drop everything to do anything. Yes it would be nice if things were scheduled but as you are well aware that does not often happen even within our own guild. we dont schedule anything and usually do all our heroics at the last min or when a small group is available.

If you cant make it thats fine there is no ill feelings if you cannot go. Family obligations do take presidence. But not all of us have families and do not have other obligations so the same consideration should be givin to memebers that can do things at the spur of the moment. Besides I dont consider it spur of the moment. I orginaly said that they raid on the weekends Sat and Sunday. I go into the weekend planning that a raid may happen. If im around great if i cant make it then there is next weekend. If it doesnt happen then thats fine too ill do heroics or something else. Everyone that was on this weekend had a choice to go or not to depending on their situation. That choice was thers to make, again with no ill feelings either way.

I will be more proactive in speaking with them earlier in the week so I an put it on the calander. However they are alot like us in that in that they dont always know if and who will be around.

The comment that I made about having better gear was not about raiding it was in response to your comment that someone had no life because they completed a certain number of quests, which could also be taken as a put down. People that play the game daily and dont take 3 week breaks are going to have better gear. Most of the gear that we have gotten has not come from raids as we havent done a raid the previous 2 weeks but have instead come from doing heroics on a nightly basis. Getting the drops and redoing dungeons for badges so we could buy better gear with the tokens. So to answer your question. Log on in the evenings or answer your phone when we call when we are trying to get a heroic group together and youll get the tokens/gear. Or if that is not accptable because of the short notice then schedule something we all have use of the calander and you can schedule heroic runs on the nights that you are available. I am sure that we will be able to get enough mfa members to do heroics any night you schedule espicaly since we have expanded a few members and also now have 2 tanks and 3 potential healers.

And as for the 'alliance' you mentioned this was never set up to be an alliance. But merely 2 small guilds that want to see more end game content to team up with like minded people that arent elitests if they are avilable. I think of it as a first choice list. if they want to do something and they need extra people they ask us. When it comes to an unscheduled raid that they are starting they have filled the slots first with mfa members and if there are any openings after that they pug it. We have done the same when we have needed to fill a spot for a heroic and if they arent available then we have gotten someone else.

I am sorry that you feel that you are the odd man out but some of that is do to choices that you make. No one wants you to just go away. As you said we have been friends far to long for that. But unlike you I dont have many other obligations. I have spent many nights sitting in Dal (or Shat) waiting for enough members to get on to do something and I have not held it against anyone when there werent enough members on to do anything because I know that other people have familes and lives. And I am happy for those that do have families because that is something special and they should come first. But I am not going to be made to feel guilty about joining pug groups when I am asked when other people have other things to do and we are not doing anything as a guild. I will always do something with mfa first but if nothing is going on and people arent around I will join pug groups because I want to see everything in the game. I do not want this to be like BC where I didnt get to see many of the dungeons or end game content. I dont pay for the game to see only half of it.

Comment

Was not my intent to attempt to make anyone feel guilty for what they have accomplished or want to in the game, but rather to reinforce some sort of planning for raids so that we can make plans to attend.

as for the no planning on our part I agree I could as well as anyone schedule something....but my point was in fact that we shouldn't leave each other hanging because they say lets go or lose your chance at this. I'd love to do raiding with them, to to be frank middle of the afternoon on weekends until late at night simply doesn't work for me....so what am I supposed to do? I am in a situation now where my dad has accelerated his plans for going into a care facility and I will be gone most weekends until the middle of July as I have to go up there and help them empty their house and get it ready to go on the market. So rather than doing 8-10 hour long raids...what are other possibilities? I simply don't know, because I don't have the intimate knowledge of the game as some of you have. While I am sure that I could do some research I simply don't have the wherewithall to do it sometimes.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I wanted to add a few things, in a friendly spirit, to this latest conversation. I sincerely wanted this to be a joint venture between our two guilds, to help anyone who wants to participate in meeting their own game goals that they (or either guild) might not be able to accomplish on their own. I can certainly understand the concerns raised, and hope to clarify some things in addressing them. In that spirit, if there are issues I hope that we can TALK about them before they fester and cause ill feelings. We already have some examples of massaging details, and it seems to be working so far.

The Frybread guild had been "raiding" at 3pm on Saturdays for at least a month before I met Blaster, and has continued at least relatively close to that time most Saturdays since, and at least a few Sundays. Do I wish we were more punctual in starting? Absolutely... but I suspect ours are not the only raids with this problem Like anyone, we have stuff come up that muddies the starting time.
                We chose this time because our guild leader works 2nd shift during the week, and his brother often works late as well... so weekend days or even nights there is 20 to 40% less Frybread available. That's a significant # of peeps in a small guild. Of course, we could just fill those spots with puggers, but that defeats what we want to accomplish in the first place - play our toons with people we like, and help each other gear up. This last statement certainly includes our friends in MAFIA as well... I've really enjoyed our raids together.

Of course, committing to raiding 8-10 hours (wow!) on a Saturday night is daunting, to say the least. It looks intimidating just to type it out like that! So I wanted to express that if you can't commit to that long, that's ok! If you can commit to a quarter or so, 2-3 hours perhaps, we can try to work around that. Maybe even set up some shifts so it's easier on the raid, to replace one member with another. We spend a lot of downtime each week trying to replace people who had to go... that would certainly cut down on that time. The point being, as you guys mentioned above, we all would rather do this with people we know. And I want you all to be happy with the arrangement as well.

So, that's the weekend... and if I wasn't more clear about our "schedule", then I apologize. I definitely appreciate everyone's patience when we don't meet that timetable, but there are plenty of things to do in the game while we wait on Dan to get back from dinner/date/BBQ/laundramat/etc.
                One thing to recommend on that note, the new Argent Tournament stuff is joustingly good fun and has some purple rewards at the quartermaster.

If there are better days/times for you guys as a whole, or you want to schedule an event and need more people, I'm happy to help. But, there are generally only 1 to 3 of us on during weekday evenings. Since we hit one or two targets on the weekend, that might leave 1 or 2 possibilities for 10 mans during the week. If you all want to take the lead on that, I'll do what I can to provide support.

One other thing I've been doing during week night recently is joining 25 man pugs, mostly for the tokens. OS and Vault are pretty quick raids, definitely do-able on a weeknight. So that's one more idea for upgrading gear with limited playtime.

I'll end on this note - when I met Blaster, he went out of his way to help me on a long, long, long quest achievement, after he had finished most of it and I was just starting. That spoke volumes to me about this special individual, especially in this join-up-to-get-what-you-want-then-take-off mentality that seems so prevalant in WoW these days. He's inspired me to try to be a better player. So that's the spirit in which I hope this message is taken.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you all in the game!

Fox/Lil

Comment

Almost forgot - today at 3pm-ish server time, we'll be finishing up Naxx (3 bosses to go) then taking a stab at Malygos (one or two wipes to start learning the encounter) and then trying the first boss in Ulduar, which is a vehicle-type encounter. Fun times, come if you can - certainly won't be an 8 hour session!

Mac found this neat video tutorial on the Malygos fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYqJ-8FiXCI

Take care,

Fox

Comment

Working...
                  X